Microsoft Office One (codenamed Office X) is a version of Microsoft Office, a productivity suite created by Microsoft. It is the successor to Microsoft Office 2016. It is the first version to support Linux distributions, as well as Olympus Inc.'s Nexus OS line of operating systems. Office One reintroduced several programs, such as FrontPage and Encarta, and introduced new programs, such as Screens and Video Editor.
Development began in February 2017 and ended on 19 September 2018 when it was released to manufacturing. It was released to general availability on 1 January 2019.
Office One comes in several editions, all available for purchase online and in various retailers.
Mainstream support for Office One ends on 2 February 2024, and extended support ends on 3 February 2029.
Office One introduces two new applications, only available to subscribers of the Business and Premium editions of the suite: Screens and Video Editor, a screen recorder and a video file editor respectively.
The suite also revives FrontPage (a WYSIWYG web development application) and Encarta (a digital reference source), Optional integration with OneDrive was also added, and as a result the default storage size for a free account was raised from 5GB to 25GB.
OneNote, the note-taking application introduced with Office 2007, has been upgraded and has new features.
Customizable progress bars were introduced for to-do list tags, but only go by multiples of 5. Integration with Microsoft To-Do was also introduced.
Microsoft FrontPage, a WYSIWYG web editor previously discontinued in 2006, has been revived. It retains all of the basic features from its last version, plus:
- Added support for server-side scripting language PHP
- Live preview of web pages
- Offline documentation of the basic web development languages
- Unified inbox view for multiple accounts
- Home: This edition includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook.
- Education: This edition includes the programs from Home, plus Encarta – a digital reference source.
- Business: This edition includes the programs from Home, plus Access, Screens, and Video Editor.
- Developer: This edition includes the programs from Home, plus FrontPage, Access, and several developer tools and SDKs.
- Premium: This edition includes the programs from every edition for a yearly fee of US$99.99.